Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wow, a New Pickup Line!

One of our contractors came by and asked me to come downstairs while he checked the equipment that he needed to move. Not an unusual request, and we always find something to chat about, so I followed along.

While downstairs, he asked if he could ask me something personal.

Well, I hesitated, but this guy has always been proper, so I said he could ask.

He asked me if I was in a relationship with anyone?

Cautiously I answered no, then he asked me out on a date.

Whoa.

I had to decline. The man is ambitious, has a few other businesses going on, but he reminds me of a Jack Russell Terrier—hyper. Not quite ADHD, but never sits still. I’m into mellower nowadays.

But he hit me with the best ever pickup line: “I had to give it a shot, I would hate to look back at missing the chance of you possibly being THE ONE.”

Great Line! It got me thinking about other great lines, and two that I had used in my younger days.

These Always Worked

While out in a crowd, if a guy caught my eye, these two lines NEVER missed:

“Do you want to make someone jealous?”

Every time, and I mean EVERY time, that guy would smile and follow me onto the dance floor.

The second line, “Would you be my ex-boyfriend for a few minutes?”

Sadly, I used that line to pick up my ex-husband. No kidding, I only have myself to blame for that fiasco.

So I may be a little older, a lot wiser, but a smooth pickup line is still a bit flattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment