Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Tikki Torches on a Wooden Deck

Need I say more?

The week before, I posted on EVERY door the yearly letter concerning fire safety, ex., no BBQs on the walkways, as they are wood.

The staircases are wood.

The overhangs are wood.

The walkways are our common decks and the ONLY way in or out of our apartments. So when I caution about fire safety, must I include every possible flame or combustible element and the potential dangers thereof?

We all are guilty of dumb moves, confess, this includes all of you, however, 6 foot tall, Tikki Torches strapped to the outside railings is a dumb move!

I appreciated the tenants who called to warn me. When I called the guilty tenant, he was actually surprised that I objected to his decorations.

Really? Torches, filled with a combustible accelerant, lit while strapped to a wooden support post, flames dancing 2-3 feet below a wooden overhang.

Heck, all I can say is, “Got marshmallows?”


1 comment: