Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Prospective Tenants: Facebook

There has been a parade of prospective tenants coming to inspect our last available apartment. I am beginning to feel like a wind-up doll giving tours and interviewing prospective tenants. Summer season is around the corner, despite the dismal winter weather that has lingered was too long.

Everyone is excited about living on the beach: I just wish I was excited about the choices so far.

I tell all prospective tenants, “We are looking for good neighbors.” Yes, we check references, and finances, we want to be sure that you can pay your rent and still have enough left over to live.

And sometimes I check Facebook:
  • Wow! You actually posted home videos of you and your Snookie wannabees dancing with Cuervo AND Captain Morgan.
  • Many videos of parties with really loud music, complete with a DJ in the living room.
  • People dancing, gyrating, making fools of themselves and looking cool. I can see the cigarette burns and spilled beer damages to come.
  • A pix of your home girl passed out on the floor. Or did she fall asleep watching the latest Seinfeld re-run?
  • A makeshift bar of itty-bitty bottles lined up so neatly (your home should be that clean), and many cans of soda? beer? lined up around the coffee table . . . scares me.
  • Girls flashing their tattoos and body piercings, and lots of tongues, over 700 pictures of fun!

And those were RECENT posts. Yowzer!

It is hard work to renovate a unit, the thought of them trashing it—well, it just hurts!

I can hear the calls and see the text messages from tenants thanking me for letting such party animals in.

I think I’ll keep looking.

I live here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment