Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Wacky Water Lady

This woman never lived in this complex, heck she lived in another county, but she truly was somebody’s bizarre tenant.

Many years ago I worked in office that rented space on the ground floor and with residential units on the second floor: My office door opened to the front parking lot and the main road. We all knew each other, and often shared polite chit-chat in the parking lot.

One evening while I was working late, doing some serious OT finishing up a large project. When I finally set it to print, I stepped outside my door to grab a smoke.

As I was enjoying my break and the night air, ‘twas debating whether to walk over to the 7-11 and grab a cup of coffee and a snack.

I guess my cigarette smoke wafted up to Wacky Water Lady’s window because she dumped a bucket of water out her window! I am not kidding and am very grateful that the ledge caught the brunt of the water. That got my attention. I debated upon banging on her door, making an issue—but we all know, that tactic seldom ends well.

Settled for a trip across the street to 7-11 and shared the story with them.

Yes, they confirmed that she is wacky.

Yes, I showered when I went home. I’m pretty sure it was only water, but. . .

The next day at work I shared the story with bosses and co-workers, and we laughed, sympathy was offered: but then the young guys walked in with their own story about Wacky Water Lady.

The week before we had some torrential rain and the back parking lot was flooded with huge puddles and one of the guys drove into the lot like Beau and Luke Duke splashing through the puddles.

Wacky Water Lady accused the young man of killing her tropical fish. Huh?

Yes, because everyone knows that when you clean out your aquarium, your first choice to safely store the tropical fish is in the parking lot puddles! Yep, fish just love swimming in puddles contaminated with oil and anti-freeze residues, best thing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment