Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

There I Fixed It!

Wow, if you need a good laugh, just Google those words and sit back for an hour of wondering, just what that heck were they thinking—or drinking?

It proves what can be accomplished with a roll of duct tape, plastic zip locks, channel locks, or in my example below: bungee cords.

We had purchased a container of bungee cords, all sizes and lengths. These cords are just so handy to keep in the trunk of your car, in the garage or closet. They will quickly clip and hold down a tarp, secure ladders to a wall for storage (and I mean for storage only), and are indispensible for securing loads after a run to Home Depot.

So, the point of this story, I was not happy when Mr.I’m-In-Charge kept demanding that he needed more cords and actually became angry with me because I had the nerve to store some in my car. I just could not understand his insatiable need for all the Bungee Cords. I know first-hand about many home repairs and I know our equipment and workrooms; then I took a walk around the back and discovered the shed.

Whoa! It is true, storms have done some damage to the doors and hinges, but this fix, you gotta agree is a major overkill!

Please note, there is a 6’ piece of 2x4 screwed into the roof of the shed.

The 2x4 has an eyehook screwed into the underside.

Behind the shed is an old cyclone fence, which would seem rather perfect to anchor a few bungee cords, wrap to the front and secure the doors. I can’t figure the logic, but I am so gonna fix this and let the chips fall where they may!

I’m getting my cords back!


No comments:

Post a Comment