Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One Rude Contractor

I must confess, I haven’t been to Home Depot in quite some time as the contractors have been great in picking up supplies, but it was my turn to go shopping. Not a problem, I know my way around that cavernous building, and I have learned to wear sneakers for trekking around miles of concrete aisles and pushing a dolly laden with supplies.

So my first order of business was to replenish the cleaning supplies, then onto selecting doors, hardware, cabinets, etc.

My last stop was to pick up several gallons of paint. I am tough, I am in shape, and I can maneuver a dolly overflowing with doors, cabinetry and sundry supplies. However, I cannot lift a 5-gallon bucket of paint. It just ain’t gonna happen . . . that paint will splatter on the floor. But Troy was there, he is so laid back, easy going and always smiling, and he never gets frazzled no matter how many customers are clamoring for his attention. As soon as he was free, he came around the counter and loaded my dolly. When I promised him an Honorable Mention in my blog, he gave me a big smile. Awwwhh.

Finally, we made it to check out, and OMG, there is contractor with a massive order ahead of us, it looked like a freight train had come through the store. No problem, I wave to the PROs crew, point to my overflowing dolly and tell them that I will bring my car around to the loading area.

Rude Contractor

Okay, the loading area is packed, wall-to-wall pickup trucks and forklifts, so when I parked I was very careful to leave room for the men loading those trucks. There were quite a few men working outside, but no one warned me about Mr. Rude Dude of Gabby Girl Construction, who arrogantly ordered me: ‘to move my car,’ as they had a load of sheetrock coming out.

Like I am a @##$ mind reader and knew which truck was waiting for that massive order from inside.

I politely backed up.

Mr. Rude Dude yelled at me, again: ‘informed me that this area is for contractors ONLY.’

Excuse you? Just because I am driving a CAR and NOT a pickup, you assumed that I was a lost housewife looking for the nail salon?

He began to lecture me about ‘contractors only.’

Really. Your boss is a woman, SHE is a contractor. I saw her standing by the truck.

As I got out of my itty-bitty Hyundai hatchback, I clearly stated: “I AM a contractor.” And smiled.

Mr. Rude Dude disappeared because the men that were outside laughed and one even gave me a thumbs-up.

Point made, I walked away.

Back inside at the PROs desk, I told Marge about Mr. Rude Dude. Whoa, she was ready to handle that guy outside, said she won’t have anyone giving her contractors a hard time, and she knows which ones are the problems.

I did thank her, stated that I can take of myself, laughed then said, “I know, we’re just girls.” Sigh.

I reminded her that I write a blog and that I would ‘out’ the company. So Gabby Girl Construction, some employees need a lesson in manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment