Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

More Gutter Planters

Attention Homeowners:

You know it is time to clean the gutters when they start sagging from the weight of dirt, debris and the trees that have taken root in them.

See my previous post on "Reason to Clean Those Gutters."

Maybe homeowners and building managers need to just get off their butts and walk around their buildings at least once a decade and do some preventive maintenance. That picture is just so sad!


This last one is a poor shot, but I had lived in this building about 25 years ago. It was a huge apartment with original subway tile around the kitchen and honeycomb tiles on the bathroom floor. A wonderful home, and neighborhood for my son. Then a new landlord bought the building and made a big show fixing up the place. He also announced that he didn’t want any children living there. Very illegal, and of course, he stated his intentions privately: and jacked up the rent. So when I drove by and saw the crap accumulating in the back alleyway and the deplorable state of the front gutters, I couldn’t resist taking a pix.

A tenant came out and asked what I was doing. I inquired about the owner’s name: Same rude guy. The tenant asked if I wanted to pass a message. I clearly gave my name and stated my intentions to post this online to embarrass him.

Corner of Fourth and Main, Bradley Beach.

A small bit of revenge, but satisfying.

UPDATE

Guess that landlord got my message. He cleaned up and repaired the front gutters. Wow, the fear of public ridicule worked! However, the pigsty he created in the back alley still exists. When I had lived there, that landlord actually sent me a letter regarding my old rocking chair on the back porch, that is should be removed, and demanded that all furniture should be 'new.'

He's still a sad, miserable jerk.


No comments:

Post a Comment