Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Home Depot Missed Me! Awwwwhh!

It has been awhile since I have had to venture out to that great contractor’s playhouse on the highway. But I was given a list and sent out, all on my own. Grabbed a Dunkin and hit the road.

I parked my little hatchback out in the reserved contractors’ lot (PROs department only) and walked through the door, and WOW, I felt like Norm from that TV show “Cheers.” The entire PROs crew were behind the desk, they all turned around as I came in and all called my name, and demanded “Where have you been?” and just “Where is my brother-in-law?”

Awwwhh, they missed me. (Or is it my boss’ credit card? Maybe.)

Sadly, I do know my way around that cavernous store, so with list in hand, I over-filled a cart with: a new vacuum, a replacement window, medicine cabinets, cans of paint plus rollers and brushes. I parked my cart at the PROs checkout to get some spackle.

I spotted two workers and asked where it was.

They offered to get me a cart.

Said no problem, only need a ¼ bucket.

They showed me how heavy it was. (Really, I just lifted a replacement window from off the shelf into a shopping cart. I ate my Wheaties.)

Those buckets are small, but dense and weigh about the same as 2 gallons of milk. Heavy but do-able. They both laughed as I grabbed the can and walked away.

Now to checkout:

My good buddy, Marge was there as I asked for help loading the cart into my car. (Yeah, I can pull the stuff off the shelf, but loading my car up can be tricky as some items are awkward.)

She poked the new guy next to her and laughed, “WAIT until you see her truck! It’s a HATCHBACK. She gets everything in there: doors, lumber, trim, plumbing.”

She is bragging, because the first time she came to help me load up, she doubted that I can handle all the doors and windows, but she is a believer now!

And yes, my baby rides a little low on the way home, but that's part of the adventure.

So the new guy comes out, watched me flip down seats, yank out bungee cords, point where it all goes . . . and sure enough, it fits.

I have a new believer.

I love my Hyundai hatchback. It doubles as a F150, but after these last two loads, maybe it should be upgraded to a Dodge Ram.

P.S. Thank you Marge, and your crew, your help has been immeasurable in tracking down parts and speeding us thru checkout!


No comments:

Post a Comment