Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Great Dog Poop Drama

Alice’s Restaurant

This drama can only be compared to the ballad, “Alice’s Restaurant” by the great balladeer Arlo Guthrie. Those of us who remember the 60’s will still laugh at mere memory of the great lyrics, and a short movie was made from this song. Either way, follow the link to YouTube; there are many versions besides this one to pick from. Enjoy.

But onto The Great Dog Poop Drama!

The players are: the Drunk; the Meddlesome Woman (hereinafter called MW); and Dog Owner #1 and Dog Owner #2.

The Drunk came through my door, very angry: “I just got a call from MW that there is dog poop outside my door and in the laundry room!” Then demanded repeatedly that I need to come down and look at it!

Really? Do you think I have some forensic ability to examine the dog poop and decide which dog did the deed?

Then a long-winded unnecessary side tale about his girlfriend, wearing flip-flops stepped in it, but she left those shoes outside his door.

Well, at least she demonstrated common sense.

Me, at the stove cooking dinner: “Why is MW calling you with this problem? We are both home. I am sorry, but we have not had this problem for several years. Take this bag (I handed him a poop bag) and just pick it up.”

Readers, the anger, shock, and disdain on his face was worth the price of admission!

He stormed out.

Minutes later Dog Owner #1 came in: She also received a called from MW.

The Drunk stormed back into my apartment.

Me: “Don’t you barge into my home without so much as knocking.”

The Drunk actually stepped back and sarcastically knocked on my door.

Words were exchanged between Dog Owner #1 and the Drunk.

Me, to the Drunk: “Do not tell me that you called this woman!”

Angry words to me: The Drunk began arguing about the parking (he doesn’t OWN a car) and then he dropped the N* word! (Yeah readers, THAT reprehensible one!)

My brother-in-law ordered him out.

Dog Owner #2 called and offered to pick up the poop. I told her not to, and asked who called her about this drama?

You guessed it, MW.

Conclusion

So one tenant, with way too much time on her hands, called some tenants and wound them up. The Drunk is still ignoring me (darn), the MW actually smiled and tried to chat with me (hell no), Dog Owner #1 and #2 went on their way (as it should have been).

The alliances among the discontented ones will always change, and two of them are the Garden Grinches.

Be grateful. Be kind. Never know what changes tomorrow will bring. What a sad life the Grinches of this world have, they cannot buy themselves a decent heart or enjoy the gifts that life brings us everyday day!

And my dinner was delicious without further drama.

C’est le vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment