Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Another Dead Mouse

I am getting better at NOT screaming when I find them: Live ones scurrying around never bothered me, it’s finding dead ones in my home that freak me out.

When my son was small, there was a very large radiator in his bedroom. One day, as I was cleaning his room, searching for lost toys and laundry, I made the mistake of reaching under that radiator for a small white sock.

It wasn’t a sock.

That was the very first time that a cat that had left a mouse for me, never mind the fact that I had mistaken the mouse for a sock! I screamed like a girl, ran out of the room, through the living room, kitchen and finally out the back door onto the porch. Once out there, I realized that I had to go BACK inside and pick up that poor critter to dispose of it.

But this latest poor mouse bit the dust in the furnace room: Can’t blame the cat for its untimely demise, not too sure if I should blame the workmen, after all, they had spent quite some time working down there. But they did state that they swept up the mess they had made.

Obviously they missed the critter.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe, just maybe, the critter didn't like the crazy neighbors and committed suicide. R.I.P. Mickey.

    ReplyDelete