Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Cell Phone Met a Timely Demise at Home Depot

I can’t say that I was all that sad to see it go: This phone never did live up to its hype. It did require 2-3 replacement phones, plus endless hours lost on T-Mobile’s helpline. In all fairness, those who worked the Help Desk were wonderful, but when a phone has to be endlessly rebooted, the end is near. Plus, despite saving all my contacts to the SIM card, restoring my contacts was a rather spotty affair.

Next were those embarrassing moments traveling out of state when it failed completely. Since the internal memory card mysteriously would fill up, apps such as GPS would freeze, leaving me to call my client, pleading, “Please come find me.” And that was a dilemma which we now laugh about, however, not funny then. Never mind missed phone rings and text messages that took 24 hours to receive.

But back to Home Depot

I was there on another shopping expedition, and was behind the PROs desk with the staff who were trying to chase down some needed elusive supplies. I pulled the phone out one last time, and dropped it.

It didn’t bounce.

It shattered.

Pat was quick thinking, found the extra wide clear tape and patched it up.

I know, it looks really sad.

My nephew took pity on my and bought me an iPhone. Wow, it is fast, like comparing Windows 3.1.1 to almost any laptop today!


No comments:

Post a Comment