Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It Really is a Small World

As I passed the moving crew for one of our new tenants, I chatted politely, bid the new tenant welcome and went on my way. But I kept glancing back at one of the young women among her friends, kinda “do I know you?” As I was busy, I just went on my way.

However, a few days later, the new tenant came to my door and asked if I knew a Lisa X? Name didn’t ring a bell.

Then she apologized and said, “Oh, she is married now, her maiden name was XYZ.”

Wow! Yeah I did. A loooong time ago, when my son was small, I had many friends with young children, we socialized and babysat each other’s kids. We would lose track of each other, reconnect, then move away: Just like so many friends that drift through our lives. And I confessed, that I always mixed up the names of the young lady and her sister, and affectionately called them both ‘Fred.’ I passed on my regards to Fred, mom and dad and siblings. Nice memories.

And grateful that she and her mom had fond memories of me too.

The last time I saw that young woman, she was a teenager, now she is a young woman, married with children of her own. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment