Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Sobber—Selfish Parking

We are all supposed to be adults, over 21, so why do I feel like a playground monitor settling petty squabbles among cliquish children?! We are all neighbors, be nice!

Yes, this was the infamous Sobber, again, the one who hammered the nails through the tile grout: and STILL, nothing, ever is her fault.

My brother-in-law is moderately handicapped and owns a Go-Cart. In order to keep it parked outside and sheltered, we drive it through one parking space and under the outside stairwell. So on the days he plans to drive it, I will park my car there or we will save the parking spot with cones. Although, Mr. I-Am-In-Charge, will needlessly keep the cones out there 24/7, blocking valuable parking spaces.

I guess that irritated The Sobber, as her SUV was parked across 2 spaces, which is odd because she always parked on the street: Now I had to trek up to the 3rd floor and knock on her door.

Me: “You are taking up 2 spaces, please move your car.”

The Sobber: “It’s not my fault, I had to park sideways so I wouldn’t block my friend’s car.”

Me: “Then use the parking spaces on the side, but move your car now.”

The Sobber: “But my SUV won’t fit. It’s really long, I’ll block the other cars.”

Me, walking away: “It is not my problem, buy a smaller one, park on the street, but move your car now, I am in no mood for your games.”

Yeah, that annoyed her, but I kept walking away and she kept whining, “It’s not my fault.”

I admit, I did gesture with my hand, you know, the “talk to the hand” sign—not the other gesture. Ha!

The next day, her friend’s car was parked there, tires way over the line, taking up 2 spaces. This one always parks along the sides of the lot, so I know this is a game. I maneuvered my car right up against her driver’s door. Yeah, she is very slim, but no way could she squeeze between the two cars. I made sure that she would have to climb through her passenger door the next morning.

Guess they both got the message, this problem ended.

This was not the Sobber’s last problem, but that’s another post.

She did move, I don’t miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment