Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

Respect the Handicapped Placard!

For those of you who live out of the United States (and I thank you for browsing), those people who are legitimately handicapped, may order a blue placard to hang from the car’s rear view mirror. This will entitle the driver to use specially marked parking spaces by the front door. These spaces are clearly marked with bright blue lines and a large sign warning of fines and community service.

And yes, when the police officer pulls up and questions you for parking there, faking a limp will not help.

However these parking privileges are for those who are handicapped, not for the entitled idiot driving the car. This includes those who grab the best spots, because the ‘driver’ NOT the handicapped person, doesn’t feel like walking. So they use the spots and leave some helpless person to fend for themselves.

That being said…

I pulled into a local business and spotted a healthy woman walking away from a car parked in the handicapped spot. Yes, the tag was there, but I was curious.

Inside the business, the woman turned to me and began chatting.

Drat, I knew her. SHE is NOT handicapped, her husband is, however, he was not with her. She has always complained about her weight, well maybe walking just a little farther will help her walk the fat off her butt!

My Cousin

Several years ago, my cousin (who has secondary Polio) told me a great story about a sports car that took up 2 handicapped spots outside a restaurant.

So when my cousin legally parked in the only 2 handicapped spots, he blocked the entitled idiot in!

The offender loudly complained to the manager, that he only came in to use the payphone, and that WHOEVER blocked him must move their car NOW!

My cousin and his friend enjoyed a leisurely breakfast while watching the entitled driver attempt to maneuver his car around my cousin’s car.

Score one for the good guys.

Sadly, this will not be the only post on those who abuse this privilege.



No comments:

Post a Comment