Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2015

Police at 1:15 am

Yeah, I have insomnia, but on those rare nights when I am ACTUALLY asleep, I just love dumb problems.

Tenant #1 calls, battle with downstairs neighbor, Tenant #2.

Something about them making too much noise when they came home, followed by a broom loudly banging on the ceiling (their floor).

He said/She said

Both tenants have their merits, but it was #@$# 1:00 in the morning!

Tenants #1 knocked on my door, they are upset.

Tenant #2 was ringing my phone, hanging up, then ringing again.

The Police knocked on my door.

At 1:15 in the morning I had lots of company.

But as the police are standing in my living room, one of the officers was casually scanning my home.

Oh Crap! Forget vanity.
  • I was in old sweats and a T-shirt.
  • Dishes were cleaned, but as I had cooked up a storm earlier, they were piled periously high in the drainer.
  • I had also done 6 loads of laundry, all of it had been neatly folded and most of it was put away; HOWEVER, as I had been switching around the summer/winter and donate items, there were piles of clothes on every flat surface: the sofa, chairs and cabinetry.
Ouch for my vanity.

But in my head, I was recalling an old song by Paul Simon: "One Man's Ceiling is Aother Man's Floor" and that helped maintain my sanity.

Following are a few of the lyrics, click on the link for the song. It’s cute, it’s reality and it helped me through a no-win evening. Sigh.


There's been some hard feelings here

About some words that were said

Been some hard feelings here and what is more

…

It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools

Remember one man's ceiling is another man's floor

One man's ceiling is another man's floor

…

There's been some strange goin's on

And some folks have come and gone

Like the elevator man don't work no more

…

Remember one man's ceiling is another man's floor, goddamn

One man's ceiling is another man's floor


lyrics courtesy of http://www.metrolyrics.com/one-mans-ceiling-is-another-mans-floor-lyrics-paul-simon.html


No comments:

Post a Comment